Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Signs of Baby



There are signs all over our house that indicate that a new baby will be arriving shortly. Many of these signs involve Madeline putting her dolly in some sort of baby apparatus that we've brought out from storage. She's also managed to put herself in many of these items. Many people have asked me if Madeline knows what's going on. She's a smart little gal so I'm sure she senses something is up. She'll tell you that the crib is where baby will sleep and that the car seat is for baby. She'll gladly lift up my shirt to show anyone in the room where the baby is and politely remind them "shhhh, baby sleeping". But, I'm almost certain she doesn't "get" that in a couple of weeks my belly will retreat to it's (somewhat)original size and she will have a little brother in her life. She's a nurturing little soul who likes to take care of things but she's also very much a Mommy's girl, so it'll be interesting to see how those personality traits play out. I'm looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment