Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's that time of year


ummmm.....so did anyone else notice that it's December? Hardly feels like it given that it's still a reasonable temperature outside and we haven't seen any snow. Please note: I am not complaining. Christmas is only a couple weeks away. How did this happen!?!
I'd like to report that I'm about 30% done my Christmas shopping. That's not bad. Michael and I both took off last Friday and crossed about 13 people off our list. We just need a few more dedicated days like that and we'll be finished.
Last year it seemed a lot easier. I was on mat leave, I wasn't working and Maddy was only 5 months old. This meant I could take her to the mall and she would sleep in the stroller for hours while a shopped on a quiet Monday at the mall. Well, that's not the case this year. She doesn't want to sit in the stroller, she only wants to run around and pull things off shelves and I'm working full time. This year requires a new strategy. It requires that I take off every Friday between now and Christmas to dedicate myself to some solo shopping time. It shall be done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment