Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Dog

Some of you reading this post may find it surprising to learn that we have a dog. Surprising because I don't know if I've mentioned him before. It's true. We have a 5 year old Basset Hound named Winston. We've had him since he was a puppy - seems like forever and 5 addresses ago. There's a reason you haven't really heard much about the dog and it's probably time that I admit why. I will probably come across as heartless and selfish for saying this, but I dislike the dog.
If you talked to me a year or two ago I would have gushed about my love for this dog. He was my "baby". Winston slept in our bed, he had a personal dog walker (which cost about $300 a month) and we took him everywhere. We even attended multiple Christmas and birthday dog parties hosted by his dog walker and his puppy-friends.
This was all before I was at home with the dog everyday, while also taking care of a newborn. This dog has now become a constant pain in my side. If he's not dragging in dirt for me to clean, then he's barking at me for using the vaccuum to clean the dirt. He is always at my feet about to trip me. He leaves hair EVERYWHERE!! I swear he waits until the baby is napping to want to go outside. He runs to the door whenever someone comes by ..... try opening a door with a crying baby while also trying to hold back the 65lb dog that wants to run out onto the street. Did I mention his hair is EVERYWHERE!!
Okay. So maybe I don't 100% dislike the dog. Those are strong words. Maybe I just needed to get that off my chest. He did just puke on the floor and I had to clean it up. This really pissed me off.
Has anyone else felt this way about their pet after they had a baby? Kinda worried it's just me and I'm a heartless person.

No comments:

Post a Comment