Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday!

It's Friday. Sigh. Feels like it's been a loooong week. We haven't done anything really different to make it feel long....so I'm not sure what happened.
Yesterday, Maddy and I had our friends come over to play. Heather & Nolan and Marth & Lachlan came for a playdate. We ordered in lunch and watched the babies play and talked about adult things. Was really nice. Funniest moment of the day was when I looked over at Mad, who was in her JJ, and realized she had fallen asleep.
Who falls asleep in their JJ!?! My child does. She was still somewhat bouncing too. With her eyes closed and everything. Was pretty frickin' cute.
In other news.....she tried 2 new foods this week - bananas and sweet potatoes.
Lovin' the sweet potatoes. Not a huge fan of the bananas, but we'll work on that.
Also - the banana's gave her the weirdest poop. Yes, I'm going to talk about her poop. So she didn't poop for about 5 days, which is normal for her. Then today she had an explosive poop....it was everywhere - literally up to her shoulders. She had to have a bath.
The strange thing about the poop was that there were little black threads in it (a lot of them). It looked like she had eaten a sock or something!
So, like the crazy paranoid Mom that i am, I headed to google to see what it was all about. Turns out it's likely from the bananas!?! I've never heard of this and no one has warned me about it. We have a dr appt on Monday so I'll ask him then. But if anyone else knows something about this, please leave me info in the "comment" section. I'm going to try not to worry about it and see what happens with her next poop.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. We have a playdate at Cora's tomorrow and then at night we're going to Burlington to see mel and erwin. It should be interesting cause she'll be up past her bedtime. We'll see what happens there! I'm hoping we don't throw off her schedule because she's been sooooo good at going to bed right at 7pm without any crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment