Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cloth diapers (deepees)

So about the cloth diapers (M and I call them deepees). Before Mad was born I had considered cloth diapers. Michael thought I was a bit strange and never really got behind my 100% on this one. His logic was pretty good - we were new to the baby thing and had enough on our plate to figure out. So now that she's 5 months old I've been considering it again. So today we headed to a store in the west end to get some more info. The staff at this store were very knowledgeable and gave us a demonstration of the different types....there are soooo many options these days. The one thing I'm pretty sure on is that if I'm going to do this, I want to get a diaper service. From what I've researched, everyone says that it's not that much more work to wash them yourself....but I don't buy it. I have enough trouble doing the laundry we currently have!!
So we ended up buying 2 prefolds and one super whisper Bummis cover. We figured before we jump in we would take these deepees on a little test drive to see if we thought it was right for us.
So she wore her cloth diaper this afternoon and broke them in with a poop - I guess that means she likes it?? For anyone thinking a diaper service sounds expensive....it's actually cheaper than buying disposable diapers. $16 per week....which includes the cloth diapers and washing them each week and dropping them off at your house. I easily spend more than that on her pampers each week.
We haven't commited to the cloth yet...not a decision to take lightly. I'll try them out again tomorrow and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment