Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things about Madeline

When we hired our nanny I wanted to make a list of things about Maddy to give to her (since I wasn't going to be able to spend a few days with them to "transition"). I thought I would share the list here. Yes, some of these things prove that I am a bit neurotic.

Things about Madeline

She loves when people sing to her - Itsy bitsy spider, If you're happy and you know it, twinkle twinkle little star, pat-a-cake are some favourites. She will some times do the actions as a way of asking you to sing.
She can sign "more" and "finished"
She has no known allergies but has never tried peanut butter. She should be trying it soon.
We try to feed her organic dairy, fruits and vegetables and meat where ever possible.
She loves books and looking at pictures of people.
Touching her hair or someone else's comforts her. We bought her a doll with hair so that she would play with its hair instead of her own. She uses this doll at nap time.
Sometimes I'll send her in a hoodie, but I prefer she not nap in a hoodie as kids sometimes turn their heads into the hood while they are sleeping.
She's recently started to bite and hit....I think she thinks it's funny. I've just been telling her "no" and then distracting her.
Her favourite thing to do right now is walk around with you holding her hand(s).
She likes to dance to music. She's very affectionate and likes cuddles.
Food: Pasta is her favourite. Lately she's not a fan of cheese (on its own) but we still try to give it to her. She likes yoghurt, bananas, raspberries, blueberries (I put the large kind in half), pears, kiwi, mango, peaches, apple sauce. She likes grilled cheese, chicken, fish (halibut, salmon).
When she's done eating she either signs "finished" when asked or starts to bang her head against her highchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment