Friday, July 3, 2009

A Little Cottage Time

We headed up to the cottage on the weekend for a little R&R. Below are some shots of Mads' first time in the lake. As you can see, she really liked the sand. I caught her eating it a few times and had to scoop it out of her mouth before she swallowed. Our lake has a very gradual slop into the water which is great - she was able to play on the sand and then crawl out into the water.
The weather wasn't great while we were up there, off and on clouds and rain, but we made the most of it.
My parents were up there as well, so they baby sat a few times so that Michael and I could head into town. On Sunday night we went to our favourite Japanese Steakhouse in Bracebridge. You'd be surprised at how good a Japanese restaurant in Muskoka could be. We always joke that it's like you're stepping back into the city for dinner. Who ever thought of this restaurant was a genius!! All the city folk who are in Muskoka for the weekend seem to flock here, it was packed even on a Sunday night. Oh, and last time we were there, we sat across from Catherine O'hara and her family. AND....they even have my favourite wine. Kim Crawford Sav Blanc. Worth the $13 a glass - I promise you.
We'll be heading up north again for my birthday weekend and I'm hoping to go to this restaurant again.
















No comments:

Post a Comment