Friday, April 24, 2009

1 Week Until Work

I haven't posted much about this. Most likely because I've been trying not to make a big deal of it. Cause if I don't make a big deal about it, then I won't be sad about it. Or at least that's how my thought process goes. But it's true, I'll be back at work in 1 week from today. Sigh.
I'm super excited to be launching this company here in Canada (check it out at www.momcentral.com and www.momcentralconsulting.com). I'm passionate about what we do (helping brands reach Moms) and I think there's a real opportunity here in Canada. So while part of me is itching to dive right into this work, there's also the part of me that's sad that my mat leave is now ending. 8 months have just flown by so quickly. Maddy is starting to become this little person with a big personality and an even bigger appetite (just like me!!). I'm definitely going to miss being around her all day long. I love our days together....whether we just chill at home (her on her play mat, me on the computer) or head out with friends or for a walk to the Beaches.....we always have a nice time together.
It's cliche to say, but there's a guilt I feel about not being around all day for her. But I know that I'm the type of person who needs/loves to work, so I'm going to trust that this will make me a better Mother. I'll have to keep you all posted on how this goes :)

In other news, Maddy is 8 months old today! Happy 8 month Birthday Madeline!!

No comments:

Post a Comment